1/11/23 Quick Bites: Supply Chain as a Competitive Advantage – Opportunities in Upcycled Food
Learn about the Upcycled Food movement and how this unique supply chain can be the key to your competitive advantage. We heard from four experts that explained what upcycling is, the different models of sourcing upcycled ingredients, funding opportunities, consumer demand, and opportunities for collaboration.
Angie Crone, interim CEO of the Upcycled Food Association, kicked off the conversation with our featured guests.
- Caroline Cotto, Co-Founder, Renewal Mill
- Matt Kreutz, CEO, Firebrand Artisan Bread
- Dan Kurzrock, Founder & CEO, Upcycled Food Inc.
A few highlights from the discussion:
- 21:20 – Matt Kreutz, CEO, Firebrand Artisan Bread mentions how having his business in the heart of the Bay Area provides so much access to the unique community within this industry and also the thought leaders paving the way.
- 26:01 – Dan Kurzrock, Founder & CEO of Upcycled Foods Inc., talks about how the Upcycling Certification is helping to close the gap between education and awareness.
- 34:25 – Caroline Cotto, Co-Founder & COO of Renewal Mill, discusses the hurdles upcycling companies face as they’re starting out and trying to get their ingredients into the mainstream.