1/19/22 Quick Bites: Diversify the Shelf – How POC-Owned Brands Can Win at Retail
In this week’s Quick Bites panel on How POC-Owned Brands Can Win at Retail, we heard from three leaders who are accelerating the growth of businesses owned by people of color, helping them bring their products and experience to the grocery aisle.
Naturally Bay Area board member Dianna Tremblay, Chief Program Officer at ICA, kicked off the conversation with our featured guests:
- Ibraheem Basir, Founder and CEO of A Dozen Cousins
Subriana Pierce, Managing Partner at Navigator Sales and Marketing
- Thuy Nguyen, Forager at Good Eggs
A few highlights from the discussion:
- 12:12 – Ibraheem Basir, Founder and CEO of A Dozen Cousins, emphasizes research and persistence as key strategies in getting a small brand on the grocery shelf.
- 19:29 – Subriana Pierce, Managing Partner at Navigator Sales and Marketing, discusses how to establish smart partnerships and connections in the process of building a brand.
- 8:03 – Thuy Nguyen, Forager at Good Eggs, reviews methods that she utilizes that allow for diversity and representation on the Good Eggs virtual shelves.