3/16/22 Quick Bites: How to Find Co-Manufacturing Success
In this week’s Quick Bites panel on the secrets to successful co-manufacturing, we heard from four experts about how to create prototypes, finding your best-fit co-man, negotiating contracts, and developing new products.
- Brandon Hernandez, Co-Founder of Whole Brain Consulting
- Chuck Wareing, Senior Scientist at Givaudan
- Meghan Moran, Partner at Davis Wright Tremaine
- Steve Calderone, SVP of Operations at Perfect Snacks
A few highlights from the discussion:
- 6:01 – Brandon Hernandez, Co-Founder of Whole Brain Consulting, gives helpful tips on how to initiate a conversation with a co-packer as an emerging brand.
- 10:29 – Chuck Wareing, Senior Scientist at Givaudan, discusses the benefits of involving a co-packer in product development and formulation.
- 26:05 – Meghan Moran, Partner at Davis Wright Tremaine, discusses the logistics of balancing multiple co-packers and annual purchase requirements.
- 39:49 – Steve Calderone, SVP of Operations at Perfect Snacks, describes how emerging brands can build contingencies for growth into relationships and contracts with co-packers.