4/26/23 Quick Bites: Category Trends with Top Retail Buyers
In this Quick Bites session, you’ll hear from several top retail buyers about industry trends they are excited about and tips on how to be successful at their stores. Hear about the trends they’re seeing, review timing and criteria, preferred marketing support tactics, and how to set yourself up for success.
- Monika Coyle, Executive Director Local & Emerging Brands, Whole Foods Market
- Thuy Nguyen, Category Manager, Thrive Market
- Tobi Seriki, National Category Manager, Albertsons
A few highlights from the discussion:
- 10:10 – Thuy Nguyen, Category Manager at Thrive Market, mentions the trends she is most excited about seeing, such as the modernization of global cuisine and nostalgic foods!
- 19:23 – Monika Coyle, Executive Director Local & Emerging Brands at Whole Foods Market, gives advice about promotional and marketing support and how to use sale tags in stores as a discovery tool for brands.
- 32:54 – Tobi Seriki, National Category Manager at Albertsons, discusses the benefits of working with brokers to get brands in the door, but the importance of also creating a direct relationship with retailers.