5/19/21 Quick Bites: Food Venture Financing in the New Normal – Trends in 2021
Click HERE for video recording
- In this Quick Bites on Food Venture Financing, our panelists share their insights on which food & beverage categories are now seeing the most investor interest, how investors are evaluating food & beverage brands as investment opportunities in this market, and which stages of company growth are attracting the most capital as we head into the New Normal this year.
- Food venture financing activity is springing back to life in 2021 after a pandemic-induced lull last year. Learn how to position yourself for success today.
Naturally Bay Area board member Don Buder, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP moderates the conversation with our featured panelists:
Rodney J. Clark, Managing Director & Founder, Aspect Consumer Partners
- Rodney Clark is Managing Director & Founder of Aspect Consumer Partners, a San Francisco-based boutique investment bank which specializes in the food & beverage, health & beauty, and wine & spirits industries. Rodney has over 28 years of experience in investment banking, with a strong focus on strategic advisory, mergers & acquisitions and capital raising in the consumer products industry.
- Meera Dhingra, VP, Co-Lead Transaction Advisory, Propeller Industries
- Meera Dhingra is Vice President and co-lead of the Transaction Advisory Practice at Propeller Industries. Propeller provides outsourced financial management and transaction advisory services to emerging growth brands in the food & beverage, CPG, e-commerce, and media sectors, among others. Propeller’s nearly 200 full-time employees serve over 300 early-stage companies across six U.S. and two international offices. Meera works with emerging brands to prepare them for capital raises and exit transactions.
- Karen Howland, Managing Director, CircleUp
- Karen Howland is Managing Director and General Partner with CircleUp Growth Partners. CircleUp Growth Partners is CircleUp’s venture fund for innovative early-stage consumer brands. Karen has over 15 years of investing experience across both the public and private sectors, and across all different elements of the consumer landscape, including retail, DTC and consumer products.