6/29/22 Survival Guide for CPG Brands, Part 1: Raising Capital
Capital raising for emerging food & beverage brands is becoming more challenging in the current market environment. Inflation, supply chain issues, turbulence on Wall Street, and geopolitical conflict have given investors pause. Hear about what is currently attracting capital in the food & beverage sector, questions that investors are digging deeper into now, and how you can best position your company for a successful capital raise in 2022.
This is part one of a four-part series to help entrepreneurs prepare for and endure the financial uncertainties of the current market. Join us on July 20th for Part 2 – Managing Cash, in October for Part 3 – Borrowing Money, and in November for Part 4 – Getting Profitable.
Don Buder, Naturally Bay Area Board Member and Partner at Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, kicked off the conversation with our featured guests
- Cessna Mac, Principal at Amberstone
- David Davick, CFO at Propeller Industries
- Robyn Rutledge, CMO at SBG Growth
A few highlights from the discussion:
- 18:00 – Cessna Mac, Principal at Amberstone, comments on scenario planning and discusses how to stay in control of your narrative.
- 23:15 – Robyn Rutledge, Founder and CEO of SBG Growth, expresses the importance of confidence within your team when talking to investors and what you can do to showcase the strengths of your company.
- 43:50 – David Davick, CFO, Transaction Advisory Practice Lead at Propeller Industries, describes the benefits of networking, now more than ever, to raise capital.