In our Quick Bites panel on Innovation & Commercialization, we heard directly from the leaders of three Bay Area brands and the experts at CCD Innovation to learn about disrupting the innovation cycle for successful product launches.
Naturally Bay Area board member Melissa Woodside, Sales & Business Development at Givaudan, led the conversation with our featured panelists:
- Sri Artham, Founder, Hooray Foods
- Jen Berliner, General Manager, Moonshot Foods
- Anne French, CMO, California Olive Ranch
- Marc Halperin, Founder, CCD Innovation
- Betty Kaufman, R&D Director, CCD Innovation
A few highlights from the discussion:
- 12:40 – Jen Berliner on the key tenants of the stage-gate process—the timelines, criteria and hurdles for success, and who are the decision-makers.
- 21:48 – Marc Halperin on innovation tolerance, the #1 hurdle of new product development.
- 23:00 – Betty Kaufman on understanding and benefiting from short-term risks to achieve long-term goals.
- 44:00 – Sri Artham on the complexity of the co-man search.
- 47:25 – Anne French answers an audience question about determining if your product is unique enough and strong enough to bring to market