8/12/20 Quick Bites #8: Buying or Selling a Business – Ian Malone, Director, Aspect Consumer Partners
- In the eighth of our 30-minute lunchtime Quick Bites series, Ian Malone, Director at Aspect Consumer Partners talks with Don Buder, Naturally Bay Area Board Chair & Partner at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, about buying or selling a business during the pandemic.
- Despite seeing the steepest decline in deal activity, M&A activity could return faster than in previous two economic downturns.
- Preparation is key: hire a trusted investment bank who can offer tailored advice during this time, build that relationship sooner rather than later. Hire a strong CPA firm and transaction attorney.
- Deal periods and due diligence will take longer and be more complex to navigate than they have traditionally.
- Private Equity “dry powder” will come into play soon – demand is certainly there.
- A strong finish to 2020 sends potential buyers a powerful message.
Guest: Ian Malone, Director, Aspect Consumer Partners
Host: Don Buder, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP & Naturally Bay Area Board Chair
Click HERE for video
- Click HERE for Ian’s presentation slides